HSBC has always understood your determination, passion and vision for your brainchild – your startup. So when your ambition for the business opens new frontiers of opportunities, HSBC can help you navigate a complex business environment with a full stack of banking services, international networks and more.
The key growth ingredient to any rising start-up is “Capital”. HSBC is committed to play a catalyst’s role and help gain momentum and meet your working capital needs.
HSBC India is looking to co-create a “Smart-Scoring” platform that considers all financial, heuristic, market and non-market, critical and non-financial parameters in evaluating startups for lending and/or venture debt financing.
The SYNC Challenge is a call to arms for to startups and FinTechs alike.
● Early-stage or matured startups with an MVP addressing a defined problem statement
● Should have been live for at least a year
● Applying startups can be located anywhere globally, with a presence in India
● Startups should have a working model already with one or more clients anywhere across the world
“Build a scoring model to evaluate startups for lending and/or venture debt financing for HSBC India”
A one-size-fits-all approach may not work for Indian startups, especially when it comes to lending. Traditional lending parameters may not be equipped while evaluating startups in a just and independent manner because they do not possess a business model-valuation in the current set of collateral requirements. But why should that hamper startups from a thorough evaluation for debt investment similar to equity investments?
Model need to be compatible for instant integration into existing BFSI credit scoring processes. There would be enough opportunity to discuss and brainstorm with Mentors during the course of next 8 weeks to help you with validation and business modelling. The outcome should generate scores based on defined parameters & real-time predictions.
What will you/your organization gain from participating in this event?
● Get an opportunity to conduct a live POC with HSBC India.
● Opportunity to raise Debt funding.
● Opportunity to get working Capital.
● Validate and build your network by pitching in front of a Jury Consisting of HSBC India Senior Management and a representative from major Venture Capital Firms.
● Get a Chance to benefit from HSBC India's mentorship and banking knowledge to further their proposition.
Last date to apply
June 3rd and 4th
June 15th and 20th
One 2 One Mentoring Session of an hour each
Pitch Day (Will be held in Mumbai, Time and Logistics to be advised via email to shortlisted candidates on 24th June)
Country Head of Structured Banking,
CMB - India at HSBC
Director & Head Business Banking,
Head Transaction Banking,
Indiresh N. Phaltankar
Head- Secured Lending
( SME, Busines Banking)
at HSBC Bank India
Delivery Director (SVP) - Commercial Banking
Transformation at HSBC
at Alteria Capital